The Crypto Volatility Index is now live on MainNet!
We are proud to announce the release of the Crypto Volatility Index (CVI) on MainNet.
The platform users can now connect with their Metamask, deposit USDT and buy positions or provide liquidity to the platform.
Users who expect more volatility in the market are anticipating the CVI value to increase. Such users should buy a position in the CVI index. If their predictions are correct, their profits would be proportionally related to the CVI index increase, and they would be able to sell their position.
Users who expect less volatility in the market are predicting the CVI value will drop down or remain as it is. These users should provide liquidity to the platform. If they are right about the CVI index drop, they will earn the fees paid by the traders who have opened CVI positions.
You can read the following tutorial to better understand the CVI features and trading options:
Crypto Volatility Index Manual
We’ve prepared this tutorial to help you better understand the CVI features and trading options
We’d like to thank over 1,000 users who have tested the platform in it’s TestNet period. We have learned a lot from the process and have fixed bugs and added new features, with more planned in the coming weeks.
Here is a list of prominent features added and bugs fixed:
- Staking of $GOVI: “Manage your tokens” page which allows users to stake and un-stake their $GOVI, the governance token for CVI, in order to earn platform fees.
- We reduced the buying/selling position lockup time from 24 hours to 6 hours.
- We added a counter for the lockup period per transaction.
- Added a summary of activities tab which includes dashboard trading stats such as the total value locked.
- Also monitoring and alerts for the smart contracts.
- Various alerts and tooltips to help users better understand how to trade.
- By next week, users will also be able to connect to the platform with their Trust Wallets.
We will keep on developing the platform to gradually introduce additional features such as adding $ETH and $COTI as deposit tokens, more derivatives markets data sources, an advanced traders dashboard for experts, support for margin trading, a voting platform, and more. We will cover this in the upcoming CVI roadmap announcement.
We hope to see the Crypto Volatility Index grow to be as influential and popular as VIX is in traditional finance, and wish you all a wonderful 2021!